Stannington Library User's Guide
Stannington Library offers the following services for Library Members:
- Book loans from Stannington Library's Yellow Sticker Collection - (click the link to search our Yellow Sticker catalogue)
- Book loans from Sheffield Libraries stock - (click the link to see the Sheffield Libraries catalogue) - you can use the Sheffield Libraries machine to self check out and self check in Sheffield Library books if you prefer.
- DVD loans from Sheffield Libraries stock - (click the link to see the Sheffield Libraries catalogue)
- Reservation of any Sheffield Libraries stock held at Sheffield Central Library or at any branch or volunteer library.
- Access to our Public Computers - we currently have three Public Computers available. All our Public Computers have access to the Internet as well as Microsoft Office programs. We also have a selection of educational programs installed for our younger library users.
- In-house WiFi
- Printing - you can print from our Public Computers - see costs below
- Photocopying - we offer A4 and A3, Black & White or Colour, single-sided or double-sided - see costs below
NB: If you do not have a Sheffield Libraries Card, you can use our Public Computers as a GUEST for a small charge.
Photocopying & Printing Costs
- A4 Black & White prints cost 10p, double-sided costs 20p
- A4 Colour prints cost 50p, double-sided costs £1.00
- A3 Black & White prints cost 20p, double-sided costs 40p
- A3 Colour prints cost £1.00, double-sided costs £2.00
Please note that we do not have a card reader, so you will need to pay with cash.
Reserved Items from Sheffield Libraries and Order & Collect
Please locate your ordered items on the Reserved Items shelf - it's located in the corner area to the left of the entrance - then take your items to the front desk to be checked out.
Sheffield Library books can also be self checked out using the Sheffield Libraries machine located in the corner of the area to the left of the entrance.
From 1st March 2022 we are no longer quarantining books, so please take your returned books to the counter so they can be removed from your library account immediately. You can also self check in Sheffield Libraries books using the Sheffield Libraries machine.
Number of books that can be borrowed
You can borrow up to 15 books for a 3 week period.
Other services provided at Stannington Library include:
- The sale of good quality second-hand JIGSAW PUZZLES, ADULT & CHILDREN'S BOOKS and DVDs in the foyer and within the library. There's a great selection for everyone.
- Hearing Aid Batteries - your free NHS Hearing Aid replacement batteries are available from us.
- Events - we aim to provide a variety of special events across the year.
- Group meetings have mostly resumed. See our Clubs page for more information.
NB: All proceeds from sales go towards supporting Stannington Library.